I suggest you ...

find a new RSS aggrigator site

As I've said before it's a great app, but now that Google Reader is shutting down you may need to find another hosting service. Let us know as many of us will be looking for another way to consume our news...

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Greg LoweGreg Lowe shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • fellowwebfellowweb commented  · 

Please consider also prioritizing Feedbin support: They have the broadest support across desktop and mobile platforms after Feedly, i.e. someone using gNewsReader with Feedbin can get clients according his/her preferences on pretty much any other platform he/she uses.

gNewsReader would be a wonderful complement on BlackBerry 10!

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0At2cCoh-M54pdG1MeXMzcU55TWo1NG01bk5XV05HUmc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

• MaximMaxim commented  · 

Please consider adding BazQux.com, it has Google Reader compatible API

• Andrew AllenAndrew Allen commented  · 

Thanks for mentioning BazQux Aliaksandr! Never heard of it, but it looks nice! Also ran across CommaFeed.com yesterday. Very similar to Old Reader, but believe it has an API available.

• IanIan commented  · 

Sounds good. Thanks for the reply.

• Yogeshwar PAdminYogeshwar P (Mobile Developer, gNewsReader) commented  · 

feedbin is definitely under consideration. I will announce in week or so what additional service in addition to newsblur will be supported, looks like whatever I support will be supported by Reeder as well so you should be safe :)

• IanIan commented  · 

Please add support for Feedbin. I use Reeder on my iMacs and my iPad, and it looks like Feedbin is the preferred service for that developer. Having access to this service would be crucial to my being able to use your product on my BlackBerry. Thanks.

True, I was part of original application (100+ developers who applied), they are saying now they are working on second batch (in addition to the 5 chosen today). I have filled up developer form again to be sure (hopefully they will have my data from earlier application as well)

So now again I simply need to wait till I hear something back from them (and work on services that already offer API like newsblur.com) :)

• Andrew AllenAndrew Allen commented  · 

I would like to add The Old Reader to the list and vote for Feedly or Digg as well. Not overly impressed with Feedly for my needs, but use of APIs are paramount to all of these.

Current status for alternate services as follows

1) NewsBlur.com - will be supported with upcoming major release (2.x version). already has a public API
        2) Feedbin.me - looks like a nice service with public API already available. currently under consideration. do let me know your interest levels in supporting this particular service
        3) Feedafever.com/tt-rss.org - Self hosted solution with already available public API. currently I am not very sure how popular self hosting is going to be but there is steady requests for supporting either this or tt-rss.org (another self hosted soltion). I would work on this once I have newsblur support in place and will use time in between to get some feedback on which is more popular to decide if I support one or both of them
        4) Feedly.com - Quite popular in userbase but currently no open/public API. I have registered gNewsReader application with them and they had collected some data on my current userbase. Till now there is no firm confirmation from their side that gNewsReader will be granted API access. If they do grant me API access then this service will surely be supported.
        5) Digg.com - Currently no open/public API, again based on popularity this will be supported. I'll support Digg.com/Feedly.com based on whoever grants me API access first
        6) Standalone RSS reader - currently this is least preferred option as I really think syncing of unread items is really very important feature for google reader userbase. I might go this route if no free backend service solution is in place by this month end (May 2013)

Feel free to request any additional services or voice your opinion regarding the list above. I really value the user input on this as Its important for me to support what my userbase wants (provided API access is granted in cases like feedly.com/digg.com)

Even post google reader shutdown the response to application has been really great and engaging with BlackBerry community has been both fun and learning process for me. Thanks again to all my userbase for supporting this application. I am sure that there will be good choice available when Google decides to pull the plug on 1st July.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base